Please fill out download form
There has been an increasing focus on protection of defense personnel in recent years. Examples are increasing requirements for body armor, occupant protection against mine blast and crash-worthiness requirements for next generation tactical vehicles.
This has created new challenges for the defense industry and defense research organizations. Product designs need to be adapted to new and increasingly stringent requirements or new designs need to be prepared, while maintaining the effectiveness and flexibility required in combat situations.
Due to its fast and accurate simulations, MADYMO can be used to design, thoroughly analyze, and efficiently optimize safety devices early in the development process. This reduces the need for prototype testing and minimizes the risk of costly design changes late in the development process.
Defense Product Features & Use Cases
- Fast & accurate simulations of vehicle dynamics & crash response
- Accurate models of crash dummy & humans
- Human models scalable to any body size
- Human models include effects of muscle activity and age
- State-of-the-art restraint system simulation techniques
- Occupant protection against mine blast
- Body armor design & evaluation
- Vehicle crash-worthiness design
- Occupant restraint system design
- Accident analyses
- Biomechanics research
See a selection of our customers in the Defense industry.